Monday, March 1, 2010

tatata tangelo

Growing up in Arizona- we had tons of citrus fruit in the backyard.  Lemons, limes, tangerines, tangelos, oranges, grapefruit. The works.
And I am glad to say that every winter I fully took advantage of the endless supply.  I would stop letting my mom make me lunches and every day before school I would go pick a grocery bag full of tangelos and tangerines to satisfy me throughout my day.  They were my favorite.
Sadly, I don't think I have had a tangelo since we moved from that house. I love oranges- but they are not the same.  And I tend to always buy boxes of clementines and never finish them... Nothing has compared. I was too spoiled.
But on Saturday, while I was grocery shopping at Whole Foods, I stumbled upon a section of tangelos.  Some even had the stem and leaf on still.  They looked exactly like I picked one from my tree.
I only bought 2 thinking they would surely disappoint.
I was so wrong.  They were delicious.  Nice and sour and juicy just like they used to be.
I have to go back and buy more...
Today.

1 comment:

Granum Family said...

I don't think I've ever had a tangelo... now I need to try it ;)