Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fruit Pizza

So my sister Ashlee gave me this recipe last year and I have put it to good use. I take it to almost every function I'm invited to because its easy, delicious, and its always devoured. Anyway, I love it and I hope you do too!
Thanks Ash!

Fruit Pizza

crust:
1 yellow cake mix
1 cube melted butter
1 egg

Mix together and put on greased cookie sheet.
This takes a little patience to get it all spread evenly.

I only have large cookie sheets so I usually double the crust recipe so I can fill my cookie sheet. (The frosting recipe does not need to be doubled)

Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10 mins.
Right when you take it out of the oven it is a little fluffy. Take a spatula and flatten the crust.
This makes the crust more chewy and less cake-like.


Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese (melted half way)
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 T. lemon juice

mix together, then add:
12oz. container of cool whip

spread around on COOLED crust. Put any fruit on top. Strawberries,
Peaches, Kiwi, raspberries, etc....
If you want a prettier presentation cut the pizza before putting fruit on and you can decorate each piece individually.

PS. I always have left-over frosting. I never use all of it. We had to take fruit to a party yesterday and used the left-over frosting for fruit dip. So good.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Looks good. I hope you keep up the frequent blogging when you move next week!