Wednesday, February 1, 2012

don't want to forget...


Eloise standing on the sidewalk with an outstretched arm screaming "BAB!" over and over again as loud as she could. (that means cab) And everyone stopping to watch her hail a taxi all by herself. (of course I had my hand up in the air but she definitely did all the work.

Every time we pass Wendy's (which is every time we come and go because it is basically next door) Eloise stops and asks for fries. I guess she does that even when we don't pass Wendy's...

She knows where people live now. If I walk by my friend Amanda's building Eloise starts saying "baby".
If we walk even remotely close to her best friend's building she starts asking for Elle... and I need to video her saying Elle because she sticks her tongue all the way out every time she says it.

All day long she says "daddy bye bye?" and "Elle?" over and over and over again.

She has begun to throw things.  This week I have been hit in the face with a remote and a glass cup. Fortunately neither left a scar.

She has discovered that she can climb out of the bath tub.

I could not wait until the day she would sit and watch a tv show. I never thought it would happen.  Now she says "show!" nonstop. I hope this means she will be happy on our long flight to AZ next week.

She stubbed her toe really bad this month and had to get antibiotics and I had to clean and bandage it every day. She was obsessed with it and was constantly trying to tell me she needed a new bandaid.  Recently her toenail fell off and she points to it frequently throughout the day and says "ow" with a sad face.  I painted her remaining toenails the other night and now she points to all of her toes and says "oww" with a sad face.

She kisses random things.  Like her arm or her stroller or the bath tub or her sandwich. So funny.

She wants to walk everywhere. Sometimes she is good and cooperative but I would say that most of the time she does not want to hold my hand... which is obviously not an option for a 1 year old in New York City. She goes completely limp if I try to hold her hand and lays on the nasty ground and then tries to get up and run away. So then I have to carry her kicking and screaming back home to get the stroller... or just give up and stay home instead.

She loves singing "popcorn popping" and "once there was a snowman"... over and over again. Sometimes we will throw in "head, shoulders, knees and toes" if we are lucky.

I noticed that if the song "If I Die Young" comes on she starts singing "uh oh uh oh"... listen to the song and you will know why.  I was shocked. It just randomly comes up on my iTunes sometimes. Made me realize she is always paying attention!

She screams my name when she is looking for me  "MA MA!" she learned that from taking showers with her dad and him screaming for me to come get her out.

She very much enjoys reading books, doing animal noises, pointing to her body parts (she especially likes to poke your nose or your eye and tell you what it is)

Her dancing is just standing in place and bouncing... sometimes adding strange head movements. Arms bent, elbows in.

She randomly starts trying to jump and screams "dump! dump! dump!" while she flops around like a crazy person. I don't see other people's children doing this...

If Daddy puts gel in his hair... Eloise would like some too. Which means that diaper cream or body lotion or soap usually mysteriously finds its way onto her head.

I guess I could go on and on and on....

She wears me out. Yes she does. But every night when I lay down to go to sleep I am laughing about something crazy or naughty she did that day.  So I guess I am lucky that at the end of my hardest days I am usually laughing harder too. I never did envision me with a quiet obedient child... don't think that is in the cards for me. but i think i just might prefer crazy. As long as I still get the sweet hugs and kisses and cuddles too.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Man's she cute. Miss her.

Lizzie said...

The cab story is amazing. What a little New Yorker. Also the kissing random things made me laugh out loud. That is hilarious & adorable.

Erica said...

love that little girl.

Mary Martha said...

She is so cute! So much personality like her mom. Love it!

Granum Family said...

Kenzie at that age would totally hail cabs too. Love it. Love hearing all the funny, silly things she says and does. Miss you guys!

Ashlee said...

This post is beautiful. You really are lucky (and so is she) to be such a good-natured 1st time mom!

Meagan said...

This is hysterical.

Dee Dee Cox said...

She makes me laugh.

Portrait oil paintings said...

Very cute baby.Thank you for your sharing. I like your blog very much.Bookmark your blog and sharing with my friends.

ugg boots outlet said...

ugg boots outlet is Developing a Promotion of Sales, Cheap Ugg Boots Can Be Seen Here and There. louis vuitton bags are no matter famous in UK but also lead the market of handbags sale over the world. Louis Vuitton UK is such a classic and luxury brand that suffers the forever pursuit of the nobleman. The designs and colors of the Louis Vuitton purses are suit for people with different age and gender. And the high quality makes Louis Vuitton handbags gain more compliment from its customers.