Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One more thing to dream about...

I am in LOVE with open shelving these days.
I think kitchens are hard to decorate and hard to give personality. You don't want it cluttered. You don't want to take up counter space with dilly dads. You don't have a lot of space on walls to paint or hang things due to cabinetry...
so you try to put fun rugs in front of the sink and pick out the cuter hand soap and matching dish towels... which I am sorry to say is still not satisfying me.
If I had the option... I would definitely opt for open shelving. I know it could make some people feel very exposed... but its definitely a great way to add personality. AND you get to use your dishes as decor. No need to decorate the walls or the empty space above your cabinets. And I don't know about you, but my cups, plates, and bowls are pretty much the only things in my home that stay organized and stacked in the proper place... I'd love to use that to my advantage!




OK this is cute too. love with the different color inside... Oh what to doooo.

Now I am really moving on from kitchens... looking at all these great options makes me feel so restricted... I HATE that. If anyone has any ideas about how I can bring my sad boring kitchen to life please share!

No comments: