Thursday, April 23, 2009

Autism


My sister in law Crystal wrote an amazing blog post a few weeks ago on Autism Awareness. My adorable nephew Dre has autism and Crystal was generous enough to share her story and knowledge on the subject.
Autism is becoming much more common these days and there is no cure. There are many differing opinions on how to treat it but one thing agreed upon is that early intervention can make a huge difference.
I encourage all of you to read her post about Dre and her experience with Autism. Keep it in mind with your children or future children because the earlier you can do something about it the better!

Jenny McCarthy just wrote a new book called Healing and Preventing Autism. It tells pregnant mothers what to stay away from and new mothers precautions they can take with their child. I think all mothers and future mothers should read it to make sure they are doing everything they can to prevent Autism and other neurological disorders. It is always better to be safe than sorry right? (Can I get an AMEN?!)

Okay- I am done with the serious posts for now.
I am about to have a very fun filled and WARM weekend. I will update you all when I am done partying. XOXO

No comments: