This fabulous long weekend we went to Boston to hang out with the family. Good times.
First things first- Target and the Mall. After I got that out of my system I was ready for what followed:
-Maybe we made some big bucks on that BYU game... thats what happens when you believe...in gambling. but we don't. unfortunately.
-Fortunately the girls got massages during the football game. Got home just in time to watch the last quarter. just. like. i. like. it. (FYI Massage Envy has $39 massages for your first visit. Do it!) PS Michelle's masseuse was a 75 year old man. Ha. Oh and Why do most girls prefer girl masseuses and boys would rather die than have a male masseuse?... is it because they think everything has to be sexual?
-Walk about in Boston. My family has lived in Boston for a while and we have not spent very much time exploring the great city. So I "forced" the family to go out because the weather was AMAZING...and we enjoyed a pleasant afternoon downtown. You are so welcome.
- Power outages are always a good time. Finding every candle in the house and putting it in the kitchen (naturally) makes a normal Sunday evening extra special. We gathered as a family around the candles to chat and play President and the scum. It was nice that ESPN had to take a time out. Maybe we should pretend to be Amish every Sunday...i thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Delicious Dinners. as always.
- I also "forced" my family to watch 17 Again and I was ridiculed for the horrible choice. I stand by that movie... whole heartedly. Forever.
- Deep sea fishing with the boys was definitely a highlight. I didn't actually do any fishing myself... I preferred to be an audience but it was a very entertaining show. I did hook one... but it got away...and I am not strong enough...or it was probably just 10 times bigger than everyone else's fish. Probable.
- Trampoline with Dre and Fin might have been my favorite... and Fin can now sing "twinkle, twinkle"...and he sings it a couple octaves lower than his normal speaking voice. Kills me. Every time.
- And now we are on the Bolt bus back to our home land... I got my huge bag filled with 10 loaves of moms homemade bread so we are all set to get back to the big city. (Thanks Mom!)
Oh how I love living a $15 bus ride away from the familia. The miserable 4 hours is worth it every time.